Civil Engineering Intern
Strong communities don't just happen-they're built. They're creatively imagined, collaboratively planned, and readied to face tomorrow with optimism. We're driving the future of Community Development. Our experts lead their fields, collaborating on projects that are as technically challenging as they are impactful, creative, and fulfilling. We're a place where you can apply your passion-and find endless opportunities to help make communities more equitable, resilient, and livable.
Your Opportunity Our Minneapolis, MN office is now accepting resumes for the role of Intern within our Community Development Group. As an intern, you will work in a team environment and have exposure to infrastructure projects which may include urban design, park and recreation design, multi-use trail and pathway design, landscape assessment and rehabilitation, infrastructure design, water and wastewater conveyance, and storm water management. We provide efficient solutions that are environmentally responsible, functional, and technically sound. Our structure cultivates career growth and provides opportunities as unique as you are.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Daily inspection of municipal construction sites for compliance with technical requirements under guidance of senior construction manager
- Review plans and specifications for standard or routine requirements
- Calculate and document materials on the project
- Complete daily reports detailing inspection results, quantities of materials used, and daily activities
- Coordinate construction testing
- Communicate effectively with construction and engineering staff, clients, and other project stakeholders
- Assist with CAD drafting and design, and preparation of construction documents
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Requires understanding of basic AutoCAD and Civil 3D
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and take direction
- Ability to work independently
- MnDOT certifications preferred
- Must have a vehicle, good driving record, and valid driver's license
- In progress toward earning a Bachelor's degree (minimum) in civil engineering, construction management or related field
- Specific coursework or exposure to one or more of the following is desired: planning, design, construction infrastructure, hydrology, surveying and construction management
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top