Civil Engineering Intern
At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake-whether at the local, regional, or watershed level- thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities' unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We're a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that's critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large.
As an Intern based in our Cincinnati, OH office, you will work in a team environment and have exposure to water resources related projects. Our projects involve flood protection and risk control, dams and diversions, land development, stream restoration, and many other aspects of civil engineering. Candidates should be highly motivated and dependable students who are taking or have taken water resources and other civil engineering courses. This is a terrific opportunity for a college student to support a number of exciting local and national projects.
Your Key Responsibilities
Candidate will assist engineering and administrative staff with such tasks as:
- Setting up and running hydraulic and hydrologic models
- Preparing spreadsheets, and graphs, and figures for design reports
- Assisting with field work for data collection, site inspections and observations
- Building surface models in AutoCAD Civil3D
Internship is with the local Water Resources group, but there will likely be opportunities to assist in other disciplines in the office such as Geotechnical, Transportation, and Environmental Services.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Proficient with Microsoft Office(Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Desired software applications include: AutoCAD Civil 3D and ArcView/GIS,HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, SWMM
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, andwritten communication skills
- Must have good organizational skills, be reliable, detail orientated andcapable of taking initiative
- Ability to multi-task,prioritize, and take direction
- Knowledge of state and federalregulations, policies, and programs, are a plus
Education and Experience
- Must be a college student candidate for Civil and/or EnvironmentalEngineering degree or other technical discipline
- Valid driver's license required
- Experience working with publicagencies and/or municipal government a plus
- Previous internship or co-opexperience in similar type work a plus
Typical office environment working with computers and working at a desk for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Co-op/Summer/Intern Student
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Cincinnati
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 1900035Y
Back to top