Civil Engineering EIT
Join a team that has been partnering with our clients for more than 100 years to improve the quality of life around the world. When it comes to hydropower, dams, locks and navigation projects, we design with the next generation in mind. We operate with the strength of a $3B company paired with the agility of a specialized waterpower and dams group, to deliver some of the most iconic and cutting edge projects around the world. This proud legacy has fostered a culture of innovation and safety, leading our team to design the world's most impactful waterpower and dam projects-projects vital to both local and global communities.
Your Opportunity Stantec is seeking a Civil Engineering EIT to join our highly successful water practice in Victoria, BC.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Perform detailed studies, review plans, hydraulic modeling and design tasks associated with municipal water, wastewater and stormwater systems and related facilities, under the supervision of a project manager.
- Support construction projects with field site visits and construction observation duties.
- Writing and editing technical reports and engineering studies.
- Preparing plans and specifications for water, wastewater and stormwater facilities.
- Coordinating with engineers and technical staff to ensure that the projects' needs are met in a timely and effective manner.
- Meeting with clients, municipal officials, and contractors to review project needs and coordinate field conditions.
- Following the process for obtaining approvals from various agencies.
- Researching issues related to wastewater, stormwater and water resources that impact individual projects.
- Producing presentation and design drawings.
- Must be a registered Engineer-in-Training or ability to obtain within six months.
- Experience with design of water distribution, wastewater collection, and stormwater management facilities is preferred.
- AutoCAD and Civil 3D skills are very desirable.
- Be a self-motivated individual, possessing strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, along with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
Has a Bachelor's of Science degree in Civil, Environmental, Mechanical, Chemical or related Engineering field.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Jon H.Operations Director
Jon is responsible for growing Stantec in the northwest region of the United Kingdom and leading and guiding the team in this area.
Back to top