Civil Engineer - Water/Wastewater
Your Opportunity: Our Water sector, which brings together many of the world's top engineers and scientists, sees water a bit differently-as a single holistic system rather than as unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. We use this perspective to help communities tap into water's potential. Throughout the life cycle of capture, use, reuse, and discharge, our team optimizes every facet of a water system. Whether a project calls for planners, designers, construction managers, or facility operators, we have the right experts to provide creative, yet practical, water solutions. Through our cost-effective strategies, we're helping communities increase their water efficiency and protect their water resources for future generations. Join our team as we create new ways to tap into water's vast potential.
Stantec has an opportunity in our with our New England Water practice for a Civil Engineer with Water and Wastewater experience.
- Planning, detailed design, and the construction of water and wastewater treatment plants.
- This person will be involved with preparing process or site civil detailed design calculations; drawings, and specifications for municipal water and wastewater plant processes; pump stations; water lines; and sanitary collection systems.
- The person will need to work closely with the other design discipline lead engineers and equipment manufacturers during the detailed design, and construction managers, contractors, and field inspectors in a technical role during construction.
- This person will be involved with coordination with CAD staff at the drawing production level and assisting the project manager with interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary detailed design coordination.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Must have a BS in civil, environmental engineering from an ABET accredited institution.
- EIT required, PE preferred.
- 5-10 years' experience in process design in water/wastewater treatment; linear infrastructure (water/sanitary/storm); pump station design; building construction including familiarity with all trades site civil, concrete, and electrical and mechanical systems.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite essential; AutoCad is a plus
- Must have valid driver's license
- Must be willing to travel to project locations
- Must be proactive when it comes to workload by clearly communicating with the project managers and supervisor. The candidate must be able to think ahead.
- Must be assertive to be able to clearly communicate process and civil design decisions to the project or design manager.
- Must be detail oriented to produce design plan views; cross-sections; profiles; and details with specific processes, equipment; sequences in mind.
- Must have good written and oral communication skills.
- Must have a willingness to work on a wide range of projects.
- Must have the ability to work independently and as a part of a design team.
- Must have the experience and willingness to work directly with Clients to deliver positive results.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top