Civil Engineer WaterPower & Dams
Join a team that has been partnering with our clients for more than 100 years to improve the quality of life around the world. When it comes to hydropower, dams, locks and navigation projects, we design with the next generation in mind. We operate with the strength of a $3B company paired with the agility of a specialized waterpower and dams group, to deliver some of the most iconic and cutting edge projects around the world. This proud legacy has fostered a culture of innovation and safety, leading our team to design the world's most impactful waterpower and dam projects-projects vital to both local and global communities.
We are actively seeking a new WaterPower and Dams Project Manager to join our team in Burnaby, BC. The successful candidate is expected to work independently and under guidance as required to help manage our successful WaterPower and Dams (WP&D) business operations in British Columbia.
The Project Manager will be responsible for managing our existing projects, developing solutions to project challenges, and managing a multi-disciplinary staff for successful completion of projects. The individuals will interact internally throughout the organization with staff at all levels as well as externally with clients, members of business and professional organizations, subcontractors, and other firms. Travel to other offices as well as to project sites will be required.
- Work in a manner to protect the health and safety of Stantec employees, clients and the public by following company health, safety and security guidelines and policies.
- Maintain and enhance our reputation with clients, approval agencies and industry professionals as an outstanding service provider - Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Establish project objectives, procedures and performance standards. Lead multi-disciplinary teams on proposals, planning studies, feasibility through final designs, and construction services for WP&D projects.
- Identify appropriate resources and skill sets to achieve project objectives. Manage contract terms, track and manage costs and schedule, and implement measures necessary to stay on schedule and within budget.
- Lead by example with active support of internal policies and practices, including risk management, project management, and quality management.
- Grow internal and external networks to enhance Stantec reputation and identify additional talent to join our team.
- Providing mentoring and training for future leaders, including development of succession plans for key positions.
- Develop Client relationships to facilitate project activities.
- Promote collaboration and teamwork across business lines and geographies.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in BC or other Canadian Province. PE registration will be considered an asset.
- Strong project management skills, with experience in organizing, planning, and executing projects from pursuit through closeout, involving internal personnel, contractors, and vendors
- Demonstrated successful experience in client service management.
- Demonstrated successful experience in leadership, including defining and setting the direction for a team, project, and office; strategy development; change management; and corporate stewardship.
- Demonstrated successful experience in decision making, including making sound defensible business decisions; and identifying, assessing, evaluating and solving complex problems.
- Demonstrated proficiency in problem solving, and risk management.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in Engineering from a recognized and accredited institution. A Master's Degree would be preferred, but not essential. A minimum of 10 years of professional engineering and project management experience
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: Canada-British Columbia-Burnaby
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 180001U1
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Jon H.Operations Director
Jon is responsible for growing Stantec in the northwest region of the United Kingdom and leading and guiding the team in this area.
Back to top