Civil Engineer - Water, Wastewater and Stormwater
At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake-whether at the local, regional, or watershed level- thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities' unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We're a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that's critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large.
Stantec's Arizona Water Practice is looking for a highly motivated mid-level Project Engineer with strong water/wastewater, stormwater, site development and/or land development experience for our Phoenix/Chandler, AZ office.
The successful candidate will be a strong technical leader with solid communication and problem-solving skills. They will possess the ability to plan, analyze, and design sustainable water conveyance systems and facilities primarily in the public market sector. The candidate will have experience in infrastructure planning, analysis, plan review, constructability review, value engineering and design.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Perform detailed studies, modeling, and design of low-pressure water conveyance systems and related facilities;
- Prepare plans and specifications and other contract documents for water facilities:
- Manage and collaborate with engineers and technical staff to ensure that the projects' technical needs are met in a timely and effective manner;
- Meet with clients, municipal officials, public, and contractors to coordinate projects;
- Adhere to project schedule and budget;
- Adhere to the process for obtaining approvals from various agencies;
- Research issues related to wastewater and water resources that impact individual projects;
- Write technical reports and design briefs to document design criteria and/or analyses;
- Coordinate completion of design drawings with the design team.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong technical leader with a solid understanding of Civil Engineering applications combined with the ability to apply common sense to create simple, low cost water control structures while documenting hydraulics of open and/or low pressure closed conveyance systems using StormCAD, HEC-RAS, Flowmaster, spreadsheet applications and/or equivalent software.
- Ability to lead and motivate design teams while maintaining schedule/budget for multiple projects.
- Self-motivated individual possessing strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, along with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Experience in utility coordination and constructability experience is desirable.
- Knowledge of and experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D is desirable.
Education and Experience
- B.S. in Civil, Environmental, Mechanical, or Chemical Engineering or related field. Masters' degree preferred.
- Professional Engineer in AZ or in another state with ability to obtain in AZ within 12 months.
- Minimum of 6 years' experience required in engineering analysis and design of water, wastewater, and storm water conveyance and/or treatment facilities.
- 5 years of experience in performing cost management and other project controls functions.
Typical office environment working with computers and working at a desk for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Arizona-Chandler
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 190002YZ
Back to top