Civil Engineer- Water Resources
At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake-whether at the local, regional, or watershed level- thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities' unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We're a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that's critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large.
Your Key Responsibilities
Stantec Water is currently looking for a Senior Engineer with strong experience in water resources for municipal combined, stormwater and sanitary collection systems. Candidates for this position should be prepared to:
- Provide engineering understanding to planning, analysis, permitting, design, and implementation of municipal stormwater and / or sanitary system projects. Tasks will focus on mathematical modeling of collection systems and preparation of planning or design drawings and reports.
- Lead tasks and local teams to develop, calibrate and apply computer hydraulic models for the analysis of collection systems.
- Use results from hydraulic modeling tasks to reach conclusions regarding the capacity and hydraulic performance of collection systems.
- Develop conceptual level plans for municipal civil and utility projects.
- Effectively organize, document, communicate, and present information summarizing technical analyses performed and findings or recommendations developed (both verbally and in writing).
- Work collaboratively and enthusiastically as a key member of small or large teams to successfully deliver quality projects on schedule and within budget.
- Efficiently use of engineering planning software tools, including features of InfoWorks, ArcMap and Excel, to analyze data, develop hydraulic models and communicate with clients.
- Support efforts to identify, pursue, and win hydraulic modeling and master planning projects.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Working knowledge of industry recognized software used for hydraulic analysis of collection systems.
- Knowledge of project management skills related to preparation and management of scopes of service, budgets, and schedules.
- Professional Engineering License or able to obtain within 6 months.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering
- 7 or more years' experience in the planning and design of municipal stormwater / sanitary collection system projects.
Typical office environment working with computers and working at a desk for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston
Other Locations: United States-Massachusetts-Burlington, United States-Massachusetts-Quincy
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Req ID: 190001BF
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Jon H.Operations Director
Jon is responsible for growing Stantec in the northwest region of the United Kingdom and leading and guiding the team in this area.
Back to top