Civil Engineer, Water
- Lethbridge, Canada
At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake-whether at the local, regional, or watershed level- thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities' unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We're a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that's critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large.
Stantec's Lethbridge office is seeking an Intermediate Civil Engineer / Project Manager to join our Water group.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Managing projects, administering contracts and controlling budgets.
- Coordination of design teams (Project Engineers and Drafting Personnel) and various discipline professionals.
- Civil engineering planning and design for:
- Municipal conveyance infrastructure (potable water distribution, sanitary and storm sewer systems, and related components)
- Site grading designs
- Site development plans
- Construction contract document preparation, including detailed design drawings and specifications.
- Construction contract administration and site inspection services
- Proposal writing and business development initiatives
- Developing and maintaining client relationships
- Perform QA/QC review tasks
- Provide technical support and mentoring
Your Capabilities and Credentials
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Positive working relationships with key clients in Southern Alberta, including City of Lethbridge
- Strong business development skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Desire to learn and support the growth of the Lethbridge Water team
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in Civil Engineering
- Minimum of 8 years of consulting experience, primarily in municipal infrastructure, with a minimum of 4 years experience in project management of civil/municipal infrastructure projects (conveyance of water, storm and wastewater)
- Registered with APEGA as an Engineer (P.Eng.)
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: Canada-Alberta-Lethbridge
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 200001I0
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans
Back to top