Civil Engineer, Transportation
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Stantec provides our clients with comprehensive planning, design, project management, and engineering services covering diverse projects types. Our guiding principles include 1) Design with Community in Mind; and 2) We do the right thing.
We seek dynamic individuals who want to make their community a better place. Good customer service skills and accountability are a must.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Serve as a technical specialist and consultant to the transportation engineering discipline on transportation-related projects.
- Assist the Project Manager in the preparation of client proposals, reports and the development of project design elements including plans, specifications, and estimates.
- Identify and analyze the principal design features and major design alternatives that satisfy the project's purpose and the client's needs.
- Develop feasible design alternatives to be compared against significant project parameters such as site conditions, right-of-way requirements, utility conflicts, design standards, and cost.
- Produce detailed, high-quality final design plans, specifications, and estimates in accordance with applicable procedures and standards.
- Peer review plans and provide quality control reviews of technical specifications, contract documents, and estimates.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Recent experience developing highway projects for the State of Alaska and local governments is desirable.
- Computer literacy in AutoCAD, Civil 3D required.
- MS Office program experience, especially Word and Excel
Education and Experience
Bachelor or higher degree in Civil Engineering
Civil PE License in Alaska required
5 or more years' of experience in field of civil engineering revolving around transportation.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Alaska-Anchorage
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Req ID: 190002TD
Back to top