Civil Engineer - Transportation
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
The role of a Senior Civil Engineer is to lead engineering teams on large projects. As
a leader they will be responsible for preparing designs and ensuring the
development and delivery of successful civil projects such as bridges,
railroads, roads, airports, harbors,, pipelines, tunnels, and transit infrastructure.
A Senior Civil Engineer will provide direct supervision; act as an advisor and may become actively involved, as required, to meet schedules and resolve problems.
The Senior Civil Engineer will be responsible for managing the scope and integration of subcontractors and employees. It is expected that the Senior Civil Engineer supports business development and the delivery of proposals as well as Project Management.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Manages infrastructure projects completely, including the managing of client relationships and bringing in new clients.
- Responsible for the review and sealing of projects.
- Supervises the work of other engineers.
- Leads the preparation and coordination of the project specifications with construction documents.
- Responsible for invoicing, managing and monitoring financial performance of project budgets using PM dashboard access.
- Performs on technically complex projects and acts as a technical resource by providing guidance to other team members.
- Liaise with clients, agencies and others to obtain and determine project requirements and approvals.
- Stays up to date on regulatory changes and may establish working relationships with regulatory officials.
- May write and negotiate proposals as project issues arise with clients or reviewing agencies.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
- Managingstaff and multi-disciplined project teams; leading them with the planningand design of provincial highway, municipal road works, transitfacilities, municipal services and drainage.
- Directingand providing hands-on management of preliminary roadway design and detaileddesign assignments for public sector clients.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Efficient project management of multiple concurrent projects.
- Ability to check the work of others for accuracy and completeness and manages time to meet project budget and schedule.
- Understands client expectations, budgeting, proposal writing, invoicing and collecting accounts receivable.
- Technical expert in all relevant areas of design and understanding of various design methods.
- Proficient in Microsoft (MS) Office Suite and AutoCAD.
- Effective communicator and able to work on and lead teams.
- Proficient in relevant design software, which may include AutoCAD Civil3D, GIS, HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, StormCAD, WaterCAD, and PondPack.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering or related field & Licensed Professional Engineer. Minimum 15 years' experience is required.
Position will primarily work in an office setting; may require some field work.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: Canada-British Columbia-Burnaby
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 190002M2
Back to top