Civil Engineer - Transportation
Whatever the distance, wherever the destination - our designs lead you there. Our Transportation group provides comprehensive planning, design, and engineering services for a wide array of roadway, bridge, transit, and airport projects throughout New Jersey and the Tri-State area.
We are a trusted partner of state agencies and counties in helping advance projects from Concept Development through Design and Construction.Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Stantec's New Jersey Transportation group has an immediate need for talented, team focused Civil Engineers with 4 - 10 years of experience in specialty areas including roadway/highway design, traffic control & construction staging design, right-of-way engineering, access design, and utility engineering. The position is flexible in location between our Rochelle Park, Wall Township, and Mount Laurel, NJ Offices.
This position is for individuals looking to challenge themselves on a professional level on a variety of transportation projects ranging from local roads and complete streets to major interstates to shared use paths and trails. You will have the opportunity to learn, work on exciting and multi-faceted projects, and grow your career. We are looking for Civil Engineers who excel in working in a team environment and have a passion for the work that they do.
The successful candidate will join a growing team of transportation professionals and play an important role in the highway design component of roadway and bridge projects throughout New Jersey. You will:
- Design roadways in accordance with AASHTO and NJDOT specifications and CADD Standards using MicroStation and InRoads software.
- Develop design plans and calculations, technical specifications, and construction cost estimates.
- Prepare engineering reports and technical studies such as design memos, feasibility studies, Concept Design Reports, Design Exception Reports, and Preliminary Engineering Reports.
- Perform field work and construction phase services support.
- Interact with and present project designs to clients, agencies, and the public.
- Work alongside experienced practitioners to expand your knowledge
- Help guide and mentor junior staff.
- BS degree in Civil Engineering.
- EIT preferred New Jersey PE desirable.
- 4 -10 years design experience in both small and large-scale highway improvement projects.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MicroStation & InRaods, and / or AutoCADD Civil 3D.
- Experience with the preparation of Concept Development Studies and Preliminary Engineering / Final Designs for the New Jersey Department of Transportation, including the preparation of Preliminary and Final Right-of-Way Documents, Access Impact Plans, and Utility Agreement Plans.
- Working knowledge of AASHTO and NJDOT Design Standards.
- Work experience with other public agencies (NJTA, PANYNJ) a plus.
- Please include a cover letter and resume with your application.
- A work sample and writing sample may be requested to follow.
# of Openings Remaining 1
Experience (Years) 4
Discipline Transportation Infrastructure Engineering
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top