Civil Engineer - Sr. Project Manager
Strong communities don't just happen-they're built. They're creatively imagined, collaboratively planned, and readied to face tomorrow with optimism. We're driving the future of Community Development. Our experts lead their fields, collaborating on projects that are as technically challenging as they are impactful, creative, and fulfilling. We're a place where you can apply your passion-and find endless opportunities to help make communities more equitable, resilient, and livable.
Your Opportunity Stantec's multi-disciplinary office in Charleston, SC has an opportunity for a highly motivated and experienced Senior Civil Engineer. We are seeking a candidate with experience in professional practice and project management related to land development design. This position requires the ability to handle significant projects, client and government agency responsibility and effectiveness in working with a team.
This is a great opportunity for a highly motivated, energetic professional who is interested in growth on a professional and personal level. The candidate must have existing relationships with clients in the Charleston Development Community. We offer all candidates the opportunity to challenge their abilities in a dynamic work environment.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Design and preparation of site, grading, drainage, erosion control and utility plans as well as design reports and knowledge of permitting requirements for residential, commercial, and industrial sites.
- Utilize strong water, sewer, and hydrology design/modeling skills.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Experience designing large residential neighborhoods.
- Knowledge of roadway geometrics, grading and utility.
- Registered Professional Engineer in SC.
- Industry water, sewer and storm water design and hydrology calculations/modeling.
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence in client experience and of the permitting process in Coastal South Carolina.
- Existing relationships with development clients in the Charleston area market.
- Experience with both private and public sector clients/projects.
- D emonstrated ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent oral, written and graphic communication skills.
- Software familiar in Civil3D or later version, Hydrology / Hydraulic design software (ICPR, HydroCAD); word processing, Excel and other standard office software programs.
10-15 years of experience in the profession of Civil Engineering/Land Development
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top