Civil Engineer, Roadway/Bridge
- Bellevue, WA
We create the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Stantec is seeking a highly motivated and technically proficient Civil Engineer to join our growing team of Transportation professionals. We seek a team player who desires and thrives in a collaborative work environment, has excellent client and communication skills and strong design capabilities. This position will provide project level design on high profile and trans-formative roadway and bridge design projects.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Serve as a technical specialist and consultant to the transportation engineering discipline on transportation-related projects.
- Produce detailed, high-quality preliminary and final design drawings of roadways, sanitary sewer lines, storm drains, storm water retention/detention facilities, waterlines, and mass grading.
- Perform design services related to site layout, roadway, grading, drainage, utilities, and erosion control in conformance with local, state and federal regulations.
- Develop feasible design alternatives to be compared against significant project parameters such as site conditions, right-of-way requirements, utility conflicts, design standards, and cost.
- Assist the Project Manager in the preparation of client proposals, reports and the development of project design elements including plans, specifications, and estimates.
- Provide peer review of plans and provide quality control reviews of technical specifications, contract documents, and estimates.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
Experience and knowledge working on final roadway & bridge design and planning projects
Demonstrate initiative and attention to detail and accuracy
Self-motivated individual with strong written and verbal communication skills
Ability to deliver a wide variety of project scopes on time and budget
Participation in professional associations
Roadway CADD and modeling experience required. MicroStation and InRoads experience preferred. Civil 3D experience preferred.
MS Office program experience, especially Word and Excel
Good driving record and valid driver's license required
Education and Experience
Bachelor of Science (BS) or Master of Science (MS) degree in Civil/Structural Engineering desirable.
5 years' experience in transportation (bridge, roadway, or transit) design Engineering
Professional Engineer (PE) registration in the State of Washington is preferred
Typical office environment working with computers at a desk for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Washington-Bellevue
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Req ID: 190002WS
Back to top