Civil Engineer - Roadway Design
Your Opportunity: Whatever the distance, wherever the destination-our designs lead you there. Our Transportation group provides comprehensive planning, design, and engineering services for all phases of airport, bridge, rail, roadway, and transit projects. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Stantec's Transportation group has an immediate need for a Civil Engineer with a minimum of 5 years of experience working on roadway design and other transportation projects. The position is to be based out of our Burlington, MA office.
- The majority of work will include Department of Transportation highway projects and municipal roadway projects in New England.
- Successful candidate will join a growing team of transportation professionals and play a lead role in the highway design component of roadway and bridge projects.
- Design of highways & streets in accordance with AASHTO and MassDOT specifications and CADD Standards using predominately Microstation & InRoads.
- Communication with clients and resolving issues through innovative solutions in rural and urban environments.
- Creation of plans, specifications, design calculations and cost estimates for civil site work, grading, storm water best management practices, drainage facilities, and utility systems.
- Position also entails preparing engineering reports and technical studies, and assisting on other projects, as needed, including construction phase services support and field work.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- BSCE minimum; MSCE preferred
- EI minimum, PE preferred
- 5 to 10 years design experience
- Good communication skills and track record of successful projects
- Good knowledge of MassDOT design standards.
- Good knowledge of Microstation and AutoCADD
- Work experience with consulting firms and public agencies, including DOTs & municipal government
- Work experience with Stormwater software, e.g., StormCAD, HydroCAD, HY-8, AutoCAD Civil 3D Storm Sanitary Analysis
- Work experience using ArcView GIS
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top