Civil Engineer Project Manager
Your Opportunity: We bring together the places that make communities feel like home whether it's an urban park, a commercial plaza, or a residential neighborhood. We do this because we're part of the community too and we care about the places where we live-just as much as you do. Join the team that truly designs with community in mind.
Stantec's Chantilly, VA office has an immediate opportunity for a Civil Engineer Project Manager to lead design teams and manage multiple projects, staff and clients.
- Perform and manage all aspects of civil engineering design including layout/geometry, grading, drainage, paving, water, sewer and erosion control. Projects may include roadway design, hydrology/hydraulic stormwater modeling, hydraulic modeling of pipe networks, preparation of construction plans and related design reports
- Prepare complete submission packages, supporting calculations, cost estimates, project schedules, and other duties
- Prepare permitting related applications and perform agency follow-up/coordination during the review approval process
- Direct construction inspections on as needed basis, and provide construction phase support to owner/client
- Utilities adjustment/relocation design and coordination
- Manage client, subconsultant, and project team coordination on projects
- Mentor junior staff to foster knowledge growth and team development
- Participate and lead various proposal efforts and client management activities.
- Perform planning phase activities, including project research, assessment of project feasibility, and provide input to project team on civil engineering related issues
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in Civil Engineering or a related degree
- Minimum of twenty (20) years' experience in all aspects of civil engineering
- Professional Engineer (PE) registration in Virginia or ability to obtain PE within six (6) months
- Experience in Northern Virginia Counties and Municipalities
- Experience in all aspects of site development, water distribution and sewer collection systems design, parking lot and road design, stormwater management, grading, erosion and sediment control, from initial project planning through construction phase
- AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or MicroStation experience
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top