Civil Engineer, PE
Strong communities don't just happen-they're built. They're creatively imagined, collaboratively planned, and readied to face tomorrow with optimism. We're driving the future of Community Development. Our experts lead their fields, collaborating on projects that are as technically challenging as they are impactful, creative, and fulfilling. We're a place where you can apply your passion-and find endless opportunities to help make communities more equitable, resilient, and livable.
Stantec, is seeking a talented, team-focused Civil Engineer to join our team in Sarasota, Florida. The role of a civil engineer is to work on smaller projects, and as a team member of a larger project under the close guidance and supervision of a senior engineer/designer. You should be able to evaluate, select, specify, and engineer systems or products for a project. You will perform a variety of tasks which may include calculations, and field work. The smaller projects that a civil engineer may be assigned to will have relatively few complex features. A civil engineer will assist more senior engineers/designers by performing the routine aspects of civil engineering assignments. May assist in the analysis of proposed projects.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for conducting studies and preparing plans and specifications, and applying technical engineering principles, methods, and techniques on site engineering projects.
- Responsibility for preparation and coordination and of technical activities on assigned projects.
- Plans, schedules, conducts and coordinates assigned engineering work, monitors work for compliance to applicable codes and accepted engineering practices and standards, and ensures that all assigned personnel are coordinating their activities with other project participants and that the requirements of the Contract are being satisfied.
- Expected to have significant technical knowledge and awareness to be able to recognize when technical problems are developing and to initiate appropriate corrective actions.
- While on project, the Civil Engineer reports to the Project Manager, who has ultimate responsibility for both the quality and effective execution of project assignments.
- Assists the Project Manager in the day-to-day interaction with the Client's designated representative and jurisdictional agency personnel.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
Responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:
- Project schedules and forecasts.
- Preparation of plans and reports for project design elements including grading, drainage, utilities, roadways.
- Coordination and checking of engineering deliverables (QA&QC).
- Monthly project status reports and change orders.
- Responsible for planning, scheduling, conducting and coordinating the technical aspects of projects.
- Accountable for the successful completion of engineering projects.
- Assist in the preparation of engineering project proposals.
- Budget monitoring and trend tracking.
- Participate in Client/Contractor meetings and resolve technical project issues.
- Ensure effective engineering and Client communications.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Civil Engineering strongly preferred.
- 4 years of engineering experience in site development and infrastructure design.
- Familiar with regulatory requirements, codes, and legal and design requirements of local municipalities.
- Experience in all aspects of site engineering, including water, wastewater, lift stations/FMs, drainage design, and platting.
- Registered Professional Engineer Required.
- AutoCAD, Civil 3D skills strongly preferred
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Sarasota
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 190001PF
Back to top