Civil Engineer in Training - Water Resources
At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake-whether at the local, regional, or watershed level- thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities' unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We're a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that's critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large.
Your Opportunity The water and wastewater business is booming for us in St. Louis , and an opportunity exists within Stantec's Water Sector for a highly motivated Civil Engineer in Training with experience involving the design of water and wastewater treatment facilities, wastewater collection systems, and water supply and transmission systems. The EIT position will be based out of our St. Louis, MO office.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Perform conveyance system planning, analysis and design.
- Prepare technical reports and planning studies regarding conveyance systems, water treatment, wastewater treatment and stormwater control facilities.
- Coordinate and lead multi-discipline design teams for a variety of small to large municipal /civil engineering projects such as conveyance, treatment, site development, etc.
- Assist in the development of project scope of services, deliverables, budgets, schedules and forecasts.
- Engage sub consultants and oversee and assist in the development of their work products, schedules and performance.
- This position also requires the ability to handle significant project responsibilities, client and government agency coordination, and to effectively work with other Stantec team members regardless of office location.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Ability to solve problems using sound professional judgment.
- Ability to check own work for accuracy and completeness and manage time to meet project budget and schedule.
- Ability to participate and collaborate in a project team setting and to engage in creative and critical thought.
- Proficient in Microsoft (MS) Office Suite.
- AutoCAD skills are needed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
. Typical office environment working with computers and sitting at a desk. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top