Civil Engineer In Training - Water
Your Opportunity: Our Water sector, which brings together many of the world's top engineers and scientists, sees water a bit differently-as a single holistic system rather than as unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. We use this perspective to help communities tap into water's potential. Throughout the life cycle of capture, use, reuse, and discharge, our team optimizes every facet of a water system. Whether a project calls for planners, designers, construction managers, or facility operators, we have the right experts to provide creative, yet practical, water solutions. Through our cost-effective strategies, we're helping communities increase their water efficiency and protect their water resources for future generations. Join our team as we create new ways to tap into water's vast potential.
Stantec is seeking a Civil Engineer In Training to support our growing Water practice and be based out of our Toledo, OH location.
- The majority of work will include assisting with development of planning and designs for municipal water, wastewater, reclaimed water, and stormwater systems and with administration of construction phase activities.
- Assisting engineering team with development of calculations, design documents, and permit applications, gathering information for inclusion in engineering reports, technical studies; and assisting project managers and project engineers on other projects, as needed.
- Duties may also involve field work including observing construction activities.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Bachelor's degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering required
- Engineer-in-Training/Engineer Intern certification required
- Minimum of two (2) to five (5) years of experience required.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Must have valid driver's license
- Desired Computer skills: MS Office Suite, AutoCAD, Revit and ArcView/GIS. (experience working in predictive modeling software, a plus.)
- Prior experience (through internships and/or previous employment) in planning, design and construction administration of municipal water, sewer, reclaimed water and/or stormwater management systems (collection, distribution and/or treatment)
- Experience in assisting with the planning and development of management plans and reports for water supply and distribution, wastewater collection and treatment and/or stormwater management projects
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top