Civil Engineer in Training - Water
At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake-whether at the local, regional, or watershed level- thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities' unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We're a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that's critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large.
Stantec has an immediate need for a Civil Designer to support our Water practice in the Northeast and will be based out of our Albany location. This is an opportunity to work on some of the largest water infrastructure projects - The majority of work will include assisting with development of planning and designs for municipal water, wastewater, reclaimed water, and stormwater systems and with administration of construction phase activities.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Assisting engineering team with development of calculations, design documents, and permit applications.
- Gathering information for inclusion in engineering reports, technical studies.
- Assisting project managers and project engineers on other projects, as needed.
- Duties may also involve field work including observing construction activities.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Must have valid driver's license - Desired Computer skills: AutoCADD and ArcView/GIS
- Prior experience (through internships and/or previous employment) in planning, design and construction administration of municipal water, sewer, reclaimed water and/or stormwater management systems (collection, distribution and/or treatment) Experience in assisting with the planning and development of management plans and reports for water supply and distribution, wastewater collection and treatment and/or stormwater management projects
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering required
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer - EIT
Primary Location: United States-New York-Albany
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Entry Level
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Req ID: 1900011S
Back to top