Civil Engineer in Training - Transportation
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
The role of a Civil EIT is to work as a team member on small and large projects under the guidance of a Senior Engineer. The Civil EIT will work under direct supervision of a Senior Engineer to develop skills in evaluating, selecting, specifying, and engineering systems or products for a project.
A Civil EIT will perform a variety of tasks which may include assisting with the plans and designs of structures and facilities such as bridges, railroads, roads, airports, harbors, dams, irrigation projects, pipelines, tunnels, power plants and other projects.
Join our Transportation Team in Scarborough, ME! Great opportunity to work on exciting projects.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Performs civil engineering design tasks on assigned land development related projects.
- Performs basic calculations.
- Assists in the preparation of engineering project documents, client contact and communication pertaining to specific projects.
- Attends and assists in client/contractor/stakeholder meetings to gain a better understanding of client's goals.
- Prepares site assessments, facilitates plat and permitting processes.
- Recognizes when technical problems are developing and initiates appropriate corrective actions.
- Trains less experienced team members in day-to-day activities including routine technical design, processing and company procedures.
- Utilizes relevant software programs to prepare exhibits and complex working drawings. Continues to develop skills using software programs for design and/or drafting.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Ability to solve problems using sound professional judgment, creativity and innovation.
- Takes initiative on tasks and in coordinating with other members of the design team.
- Working knowledge of codes, legal and design requirements in relevant jurisdictions and developing jurisdictional experience and contacts.
- Proficient in Microsoft (MS) Office Suite.
- Developing ability to effectively discuss project issues with clients and reviewing agencies.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, as well as relevant software programs which may include Civil3D, GIS, HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, StormCAD, WaterCAD, and PondPack.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering or related field & EIT;
0-2 years of experience. Working toward licensure.
Position will primarily work in an office setting; may require some field work.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer - EIT
Primary Location: United States-Maine-Scarborough
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Entry Level
Req ID: 190000HP
Back to top