Civil Engineer in Training - Transportation
Your Opportunity Whatever the distance, wherever the destination-our designs lead you there. Our Transportation group provides comprehensive planning, design, and engineering services for all phases of airport, bridge, rail, roadway, and transit projects. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Stantec's Transportation group has an immediate need for a Civil Engineer In Training or Civil Designer to assist their growing practice based in Burlington, MA.
- The majority of work will include Department of Transportation highway projects and municipal roadway projects in New England.
- Key duties include creation of plans, specifications, design calculations and cost estimates for civil site work, grading, storm water best management practices, drainage facilities, and utility systems.
- Position also entails preparing engineering reports and technical studies, and assisting on other projects, as needed, including construction phase services support and field work.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering
- Minimum of two (2) to five (years) of transportation engineering and design experience
- Mid-level engineering design skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT)certification
- Certified Soil Evaluator
- Work experience with consulting firms and public agencies, including DOTs & municipal government
- Work experience with Stormwater software, e.g., StormCAD, HydroCAD, PCSWMM, FHHY-8, HEC-22 AutoCAD Civil 3D Storm Sanitary Analysis
- Work experience using MicroStation
- Work experience using ArcView GIS
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top