Civil Engineer in Training (Hydrology)
MWH, now part of Stantec, is currently looking for a Civil Engineer to support our Denver, CO office.
The engineer in this role is responsible to perform hydrologic and hydraulic analyses and design, prepare hydrologic, hydraulic and sediment transport models, analyze model results, and prepare materials to present results to clients. This individual will assist in the development of scope of work for hydrologic and hydraulic assignments, specifically task related to storm water management and system analysis of rivers and watersheds. The preferred candidate will have demonstrated experience, training and skills in advanced hydrologic/hydraulic/sediment transport modeling and hydraulic design.
The primary responsibilities for this role will include:
• Providing state-of-the-art hydrologic/ hydraulic model and designs in our projects
• Contributing towards developing and managing hydrology investigation programs, review of, or preparation of hydrological baseline reports, conveyance, storage, and erosion structures design, preparation of hydrological/hydraulic models and design reports and plans and specifications
• Organizing, drafting and coordinating production of assigned sections of various reports to ensure technical consistency and inclusion of appropriate documentation
• Coordinating with clients, regulatory agencies, and subcontractors. Performing project administration including writing reports, gathering information, drafting proposals, drafting correspondence, tracking project costs, and completing progress reports to ensure quality and profitability
• Bachelor's of Science degree in civil engineering with an emphasis in surface water/hydraulics/hydrology
• EIT required with the ability to achieve PE within 2-3 years or less from hire date
• 2-5 years of professional experience in hydrologic and hydraulic analysis and design, sediment transport (or related surface water engineering); and experience which provides the required knowledge, skill and ability to perform the work with a minimum or 0-2 years of engineering experience.
• Industry hydrologic/hydraulic modeling experience required (HEC Models) including experience in steady state and unsteady analyses and sediment transport
• Hands-on advance modeling strongly preferred (i.e CFD applied to Hydraulic Engineering and 2D Modeling)
• Demonstrated strong organizational skills, multitasking ability, and excellent computer skills (programming languages, numerical analysis, and CAD and GIS applications, and office productivity software)
• Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills, report preparation
At MWH, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that building a great career is as important as Building a Better World.
If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world's top talent appeals to you, join us.
MWH Global…we're looking for opportunities.
MWH is an EEO employer - MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top