Civil Engineer In Training
MWH, now part of Stantec, is actively seeking qualified candidates for a full-time entry level Associate Civil / Environmental / Mining / Geotechnical Engineer to add to the Mining practice group in our Salt Lake City, UT office. If working on the most challenging water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world's top talent appeals to you, join us!
The successful candidate will work on challenging and diverse tasks in a consulting engineering role that will require application of technical skills, project delivery, and leadership to a complex array of multi-disciplinary planning, design, and construction projects. These projects consist of the evaluation, planning, and design of mine reclamation projects, impoundments, pipelines, pump stations, water treatment, flood control, and related infrastructure. This exciting opportunity provides amazing career growth opportunities.
The selected candidate will need to have strong writing, verbal, and organizational skills, as well as be self-directed, and capable of carrying out independent tasks to support complex teams in the mining and environmental industry. The candidate will need to demonstrate an enthusiasm to help develop the mining practice while collaborating with national practice groups in various Stantec offices.
• Perform technical tasks on projects under the supervision of the project manager or project engineer.
• Critically analyze design options in support of engineering feasibility studies.
• Work in conjunction with other engineers to solve project interdisciplinary design problems, performing design calculations as required. Apply critical thinking to solve design challenges and work with a large technical team to develop the best, innovative solutions.
• Determine project costs by calculating labor, materials, and related costs.
• Organize, draft, compile and coordinate production of assigned project documentation and reports.
• Complete data analysis and calculations for conceptual planning and design, develop design drawings and specifications, and solve process design problems as required.
• Demonstrate discipline in project administration including spoken and written communication, writing reports, gathering information, drafting proposals, drafting correspondence, working within project budgets, and completing progress reports.
• Interact professionally with project team members, clients, state and federal agencies and other consulting firms in the execution of engineering projects.
• Follow safe work practices and adhere to company guidelines and policies for planning and executing work in a safe manner.
• Provide field engineering support for projects during construction, as required.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree in Civil, Environmental, Mining, or Geotechnical Engineering, or related field.
• EIT required, with a commitment to obtain registration as a Professional Engineer.
• Between 2-5 years of work experience required.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Outlook.
• ArcGIS and AutoCAD/Autodesk Civil 3D software skills preferred.
• Engagement in local and national technical societies is preferred.
At MWH, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that building a great career is as important as Building a Better World.
If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world's top talent appeals to you, join us.
MWH Global…we're looking for opportunities.
MWH is an EEO employer - MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top