Civil Engineer in Training
At Stantec we believe growing a great engineering consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are motivated to use every talent they possess, plus apply imagination, determination, and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that building a great career is as important as Building a Better World.
Stantec is a global leader in the provision of strategic planning, design, construction and engineering program management services for projects around the world. We focus on water and natural resources - providing services to a full range of water-related projects and programs ranging from water supply, treatment and storage, dams, water management for the natural resources industry and coastal restoration to renewable power and environmental services.
We are currently looking to add a Civil Engineer, with a structural emphasis, to the Waterpower and Dams West business unit in our Bellevue, WA office. If working on the most challenging water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through knowledge-sharing with some of the world's top talent appeals to you, join us.
The successful candidate will work on challenging and diverse tasks for hydropower, dams and other water resource projects for a variety of domestic and international clients. The successful candidate will be working in conjunction with other engineers and geologists on multi-discipline teams to support project activities through the application of engineering and geologic principles and techniques. The successful candidate should be able to work independently and with small and large teams to apply critical thinking skills to solve technical issues and develop project-specific solutions. The position will require travel to project sites and will provide stimulating career growth opportunities.
• Work in conjunction with engineers, geologists, and scientists to solve project challenges, performing design calculations as required.
• Assist with feasibility studies by conducting research to assess challenges and develop solutions.
• Perform field inspections.
• Perform numerical analysis using programs such as ANSYS, SAP 2000 and RISA under the supervision of others.
• Develop structural designs for concrete and steel structures, particularly related to dams, intake and outlet works, pipelines, powerhouses, and related structures.
• Use computer aided design (CAD) software such as AutoCAD, Inventor and Revit to develop design drawings.
• Become familiar with regulatory agency requirements, technical design standards, and industry standards and guidelines.
• Prepare technical reports including technical memoranda, computation packages, feasibility reports, design and evaluation reports, construction drawings, and specifications.
• Provide field engineering support for projects during construction.
• Follow safe work practices and adhere to company guidelines for planning and executing work in a safe manner.
• Participate in professional development and training activities.
• Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, with course work emphasizing structural analysis and design.
• 0 to 2 years of related experience in civil engineering.
• Engineer in Training certificate, or in the process of obtaining.
• Working knowledge of the principles of civil and structural engineering.
• Exposure to numerical modeling and finite element analysis and CAD drafting.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
• Sound organizational, technical, written, and oral communication skills with attention to detail.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Works well independently and is a team player.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint software.
At MWH, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that building a great career is as important as Building a Better World.
If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world's top talent appeals to you, join us.
MWH Global…we're looking for opportunities.
MWH is an EEO employer - MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top