Civil Engineer in Training
MWH, now part of Stantec, is seeking qualified applicants for a Civil Engineer in Training to be located in our Boise, ID office. This position is accountable for applying intensive, complex and diversified knowledge of civil engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields, making independent decisions to solve mechanical engineering problems, resolving questions and planning and coordinating work. This position interacts throughout the organization and directly with clients, members of business and professional organizations and equipment vendors. Our wet infrastructure work encompasses water and wastewater treatment plants, pump stations, reservoirs and conveyance projects.
• Develop civil plans and specifications as well as perform calculations, and design for assigned complex projects
• Organize, plan, and coordinate production of the civil design
• Become an integral part of the local and global workforce. Typical activities include work with more than 3 offices across MWH. The core design disciplines sit in the same office - structural, mechanical, civil, electrical and instrumentation and controls
• Work in a manner to ensure your personal safety and that of fellow employees by following company health and safety guidelines and policies.
• Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or Environmental Engineering
• Must have taken or be prepared to take the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam to become and Engineer in Training (EIT) within one year of employment date, with a commitment to obtain registration as a Professional Engineer in the state of Idaho
• A minimum of 0-2 years' of experience in design development of water and waste water treatment and Infrastructure project work
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and a proven talent at business development
• Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point, CAD, Microstation and other engineering modeling software
• Working knowledge of project management concepts, project scheduling, scoping, budgeting, cost analyses, resource analyses, and reporting
• Excellent team building and communications skills required
At MWH, now part of Stantec, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that building a great career is as important as Building a Better World.
If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world's top talent appeals to you, join us.
MWH Global…we're looking for opportunities.
MWH is an EEO employer - MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Staffing and Recruitment Agencies
Stantec appreciates the interest from the staffing industry, however, unsolicited resumes submitted to Stantec or any Stantec employee without a current and valid staffing agency contract in place with Stantec will not be eligible for any search fees. At this time, Stantec is not welcoming any additional inquiries for agency partnerships. To be added to the list for future RFP opportunities please email [email protected] .
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top