Civil Engineer in Training
Our Water sector, which brings together many of the world's top engineers and scientists, sees water a bit differently-as a single holistic system rather than as unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. We use this perspective to help communities tap into water's potential. Throughout the life cycle of capture, use, reuse, and discharge, our team optimizes every facet of a water system. Whether a project calls for planners, designers, construction managers, or facility operators, we have the right experts to provide creative, yet practical, water solutions. Through our cost-effective strategies, we're helping communities increase their water efficiency and protect their water resources for future generations. Join our team as we create new ways to tap into water's vast potential.
Stantec is seeking a highly energetic candidate to work on a heavy civil infrastructure design team that works on projects for water/wastewater and water resources sectors.
- Prepares exhibits, drawings sets, technical memoranda, calculations, and reports for various projects from the preliminary engineering design phase through final design.
- Assists with project management duties from the direction of senior staff.
- Coordinates with multiple design disciplines and various team members for design and coordination of major projects and deliverables.
- Attends client meetings and presents on project progress, findings, and other coordination activities.
- May perform other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
The preferred applicant will have some experience in pipeline design, flood control design, hydrologic and hydraulic methods and associated software, grading and earthwork, and utilities design. Experience with Microstation/AutoCAD Civil 3D for preparing engineering drawings is required. Experience in municipal sector design-bid-build, CMAR, and design build projects is a plus. Great technical, communication, and writing skills are required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor of Science (B.S.) Civil Engineering as a minimum.
Typical candidate has 1 to 3 years of experience.
Engineer-In-Training (EIT) certification as a minimum.
Nevada P.E. license is a plus.
Job ID 33019
# of Openings Remaining 1
Experience (Years) 0
Discipline Water and Wastewater Engineering
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top