Civil Engineer In Training
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
The Transportation Project Engineer is responsible for working closely with Stantec's project managers on the planning and development of transportation infrastructure including major arterials, complex limited access highways, and tolled facilities. Duties will include all aspects of highway/roadway design from preliminary schematic through PS&E, including: typical sections, alignments, profiles, cross-sections, traffic control plans, signing and striping, SWPPP, and basic hydraulics and drainage.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Performs as a project engineer or task leader on developing transportation planning and PS&E projects.
- Prepares geometric analysis and calculations using established design criteria, methods, practices, and procedures.
- Prepares project plans and drawings for various projects including urban and rural roadways, highways, rail, transit, trails, and intersections.
- Monitors own work to ensure the delivery of a quality product and that budgets and schedules are met.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Experience developing typical sections, alignments, profiles, cross-sections, traffic control, and/or signing and striping plans.
- Ability to lead and work collaboratively within a design team on multiple assignments
- Proficiency in Microstation and Geopak (OpenRoads 3D modelling tools a plus)
- Ability to use conventional design software, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- TxDOT Precertification preferred
Education and Experience
Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering (BSCE) minimum
EIT Texas Certification
PE license in Texas or ability to obtain in one year
Minimum of 3 years of highway / roadway design experience
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer - EIT
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Dallas
Other Locations: United States-Texas-Houston, United States-Texas-Austin
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 180000NY
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Jon H.Operations Director
Jon is responsible for growing Stantec in the northwest region of the United Kingdom and leading and guiding the team in this area.
Back to top