Civil Engineer - EIT (Geologist)
- Louisville, KY
Build the foundation for a lasting and successful career in civil engineering by starting with a good team. When we say that we're full-service, we mean it. You'll find us in the office, on site and in the lab. We work indoors and out, above and below ground, over and under water, across projects large and small. From field exploration and laboratory testing to the design and construction management of complex geotechnical structures, our team does work that's rock solid. Join our team today!
Stantec's Geotechnical practice has an immediate opportunity for a Civil Engineer-in-Training. As a Civil EIT you will provide comprehensive engineering services to Stantec clients for a variety of infrastructure projects.
In general, an entry level civil engineer will assist more senior engineers/designers by performing the routine aspects of civil engineering assignments.
The role of an entry level civil engineer is to work on projects both small and large, and as a team member under the close guidance and supervision of a senior engineer. You will perform a variety of tasks related to geotechnical components of transportation, dam, power, and infrastructure projects that may include calculations, field work, coordination of simple tasks, and meeting attendance and recording. The smaller projects that an entry level civil engineer may be assigned to will have relatively few complex features.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Conducts basic calculations and performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned and under the supervision of a project engineer.
- May perform field work related to geotechnical explorations and/or construction related activities.
- Assists team in preparing civil designs, drawings, specifications, presentations and reports.
- Assists in supporting the civil team in providing support services during construction that can include submittal reviews, responses to requests for information and contract document clarifications.
- Perform other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- An understanding of civil engineering concepts and analysis methods.
- Ability to participate and collaborate in project team setting and to engage in creative and critical thought.
- Ability to interpret sketches, engineering drawings, and other similar material.
- Basic experience in Microsoft Office, and familiarity with AutoCAD Civil3D, Geostudio, and gINT.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Willing to travel on an as-needed basis in support of geotechnical investigations, construction, and inspections
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering. Masters with a focus in Geotechnical Engineering preferred.
- Must have taken and successfully passed the FE exam and be an EIT
- Minimum of 0-5 years of experience.
- Co-op/Internship experience preferred.
- Travel/ field work 25-50% of the time
Typical office environment working with computers and working at a desk for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice .
Job: Civil Engineer - EIT
Primary Location: United States-Kentucky-Louisville
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Req ID: 190003RL
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans
Back to top