Civil Engineer - EIT
- Dallas, TX
At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake-whether at the local, regional, or watershed level- thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities' unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We're a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that's critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large.
Stantec's Water practice has an opportunity for a Civil Engineer In Training with experience in civil, environmental and or water resources fields to join our team in Dallas, TX.
Your Key Responsibilities
- The successful candidate will use his/her technical abilities to plan, analyze, and design a variety of water/wastewater distribution systems, treatment facilities, and water resources projects primarily in the public market sector.
- In addition, he/she will report directly to a Senior Project Engineer or Project Manager and will have primarily infrastructure planning, analysis, and design responsibilities.
- Perform detailed studies, review plans, hydraulic modeling and design tasks associated with municipal water, and wastewater and related facilities, under the supervision of a project manager
- Support construction projects with field site visits and construction observation duties
- Writing and editing technical reports and engineering studies
- Preparing plans and specifications for water and wastewater facilities;
- Coordinating with engineers and technical staff to ensure that the projects' needs are met in a timely and effective manner
- Meeting with clients, municipal officials, and contractors to review project needs and coordinate field conditions
- Following the process for obtaining approvals from various agencies
- Researching issues related to wastewater and water resources that impact individual projects
- Producing presentation and design drawings.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Be a self-motivated individual, possessing strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, along with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Candidate must have technical writing abilities.
- Must have active driver's license and safe driving record.
- Experience with design of water and wastewater facilities or distribution systems is preferred.
- Technical knowledge in water, sewer and drainage projects is plus.
- Familiarity with ArcGIS Mapping, AutoCAD and MS Access Database a plus.
- Construction related experience is a plus.
- Dam related experience is a plus.
- Linear infrastructure experience is a plus.
Education and Experience
- Must have 1 to 5 years of experience in civil, environmental and or water resources.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil or Environmental engineering.
- Engineer-in-Training certification is a plus or could obtain within six months
- Must have a valid driver's license
Typical office environment working with computers and working at a desk for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer - EIT
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Dallas
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 200001NB
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans
Back to top