Civil Engineer - EIT
At our core, we're a community. Together, we exercise creative thought, developing engineering and designs as individual as the people and projects we touch. From approval and permitting to design and construction management services, we put the goals of our clients and their communities at the center of everything we create. Join us as we assist mining companies in getting mined materials to communities around the globe. Your Opportunity We are seeking qualified candidates for a Professional Level Civil/Geotechnical Engineer for our Tempe, Arizona office. The primary focus of this position is to serve US and International-based natural resources clients (primarily mining) with the design of civil structures (such as dams and waste management facilities). This position will require a dynamic individual who can interface with team members, execute and review calculations, and prepare expertly written reports. This position interacts throughout the organization internally and externally with clients and members of business and professional organizations. Travel may be required (approximately 20% of the year) and some projects require working at remote sites.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Following safe work practices and adhering to company and client guidelines and policies for planning and executing work in a safe manner. MSHA and/or OSHA training will be required.
- Interacting professionally with project team members.
- Accessing, researching, and utilizing technical data, technology, and knowing how to create project specific reports.
- Performing Geotechnical analyses including numerical modeling, finite element and finite difference modeling (e.g. FLAC, Plaxis, GeoStudio, RocScience etc.).
- Performing analysis and design of open excavations, waste stockpiles, slopes, and dams.
- Willing and able to travel 5-15% of time, both nationally and internationally, to conduct field investigation or construction quality oversight type work.
- Developing, overseeing, and interpreting geotechnical investigations; primarily focused on mining projects.
- Preparing technical memoranda and detailed reports pertaining to field investigations and studies.
- Dam and Levee Stability
- Developing preliminary budgets, determining project scope, establishing schedules, and processing appropriate paperwork.
- Assisting in preparing proposals and giving presentations.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Basic knowledge of civil systems, means and methods, materials, and industry standards.
- Basic understanding of all phases of engineering document production and the relationship between drawings and specifications.
- Recognizes when technical problems are developing and initiates appropriate corrective actions using sound professional judgment, creativity and innovation..
- Ability to check own work for accuracy and completeness and manage time to meet project budget and schedule.
- Ability to participate and collaborate in project team setting and to engage in creative and critical thought.
- Ability to interpret sketches, drawings and other similar material.
- Requires understanding of Microsoft Office Suite and AutoCAD.
- Takes initiative on tasks and in coordinating with other members of the design team.
- Developing ability to effectively discuss project issues with clients and reviewing agencies.
- Ability to work independently in the office as well as in the field at remote sites.
- Exceptional organizational, technical, written and oral communication and attention to detail skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil or Geological Engineering with 2-years of working experience in civil and geotechnical engineering projects; or Master's Degree in Geotechnical Engineering, Geological Engineering, Civil Engineering or related field.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top