Civil Engineer - EIT
Strong communities don't just happen-they're built. They're creatively imagined, collaboratively planned, and readied to face tomorrow with optimism. We're driving the future of Community Development. Our experts lead their fields, collaborating on projects that are as technically challenging as they are impactful, creative, and fulfilling. We're a place where you can apply your passion-and find endless opportunities to help make communities more equitable, resilient, and livable. Your Opportunity You will work on smaller projects, and as a team member of a larger project under the close guidance and supervision of a senior engineer. You should be able to evaluate, select, specify, and engineer systems or products for a project. You will perform a variety of tasks which may include calculations and field work. The smaller projects that a Civil Engineer in Training may be assigned to will have relatively few complex features.
You will assist more senior level engineers and designers by performing the routine aspects of civil engineering assignments, and may also assist in the analysis of proposed projects. Your Key Responsibilities
- Perform civil design using knowledge of current software programs , involving storm water, civil 3D, MathCAD and ARCGIS.
- Work with other engineering, architectural and planning disciplines in the coordination of the project under the direction of a senior engineer/ designer.
- Perform field work as directed by a senior engineer/ designer.
- Perform analysis to design civil system components using company standard software and proprietary manufacturer software.
- Assist with engineering duties on projects of various complexity, including survey and geotechnical oversight, traffic and MOT operations, utility locates, civil engineering design analysis and evaluation, permitting and construction administration.
- Assist with collecting data and gathering information to support design decisions.
- Assist in basic interpretation and verifying compliance with applicable codes and engineering standards and practices.
- Perform a variety of tasks which may include analyzing proposed project solutions to ensure structural reliability, resource efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Construct models to identify project specifications and meet related needs by performing routing aspects of engineering assignments.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the senior engineering staff.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Basic understanding of general concepts of relevant areas of civil engineering design.
- Ability to participate and collaborate in project team setting and to engage in creative and critical thought.
- Understanding of civil engineering concepts and ability to effectively communicate ideas to others.
- Ability to interpret sketches, drawings, building program and other similar material.
- Knowledge of local permitting is a plus.
- Requires understanding of Microsoft Office Suite with strong proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Developing cooperative skills in working efficiently within a multidisciplinary team.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Engineering
- Engineer in Training Certification
- Minimum of 2-5 years of experience
- Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top