- Pasadena, CA
At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake-whether at the local, regional, or watershed level- thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities' unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We're a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that's critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large.
The role of a Water Resources Engineer is to provide state-of-the-art water and wastewater modeling and engineering design for client projects in North America. Develop and implement wastewater wet weather programs and water programs. You will work on various sizes of projects under the guidance and supervision of senior engineers / designer. You should able to prepare and review modeling reports, and hydrological/hydraulic models. You will assist with water and wastewater model developments and calibration. You will assist with water and wastewater master planning; identify and resolve technical and systemic issues. You will assist on condition assessment of sewer and water networks. You will assist senior engineers/designers by performing the routine aspects of engineering assignments and assist analysis of modeling projects. You will also organize, draft, and coordinate assigned sections of engineering reports. You will support client interaction and proposal efforts.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Performs basic engineering calculations.
- Assists in the preparation of engineering project documents, client presentations, client contact and communication pertaining to specific project deliverables.
- Attends and assists in client, contractor, stakeholder, and regulatory agency meetings to gain a better understanding of client's goals, site assessments, and vendor/equipment supplier contacts and coordination.
- Develop and calibrate hydrological and hydraulic model of urban drainage systems (combined sewers, sanitary sewers and storm sewers).
- Assists in the development and calibration of water networks models.
- Assists in solution development for sewer system improvements, CSO and SSO controls, and future growth.
- Utilizes software programs to prepare exhibits and complex working drawings. Continues to develop skills using software programs for design and/or drafting.
- Recognizes when technical problems are developing and initiates appropriate corrective actions through the proper and appropriate line of reporting.
- Assists in the evaluation and selection of systems and materials.
- Trains less experienced team members in day-to-day activities including routine sewer modeling, and fundamental hydrology and hydraulic calculations.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Proficient in SWMM (PCSWMM, EPASWMM, InfoSWMM, XPSWMM), SewerGEMS, Innovyze InfoWater and WaterGEMS, HEC HMS and HEC RAS.
- Ability to solve problems using sound professional judgment.
- Ability to interpret sketches, drawings and other similar material.
- Ability to check own work for accuracy and completeness and manage time to meet project budget and schedule.
- Ability to participate and collaborate in a project team setting and to engage in creative and critical thought.
- Developing ability to effectively discuss project issues with clients and reviewing agencies.
- Proficient in Microsoft (MS) Office Suite and Adobe.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Education and Experience
Master's degree or equivalent in Civil, Mechanical, Chemical, or Civil/Environmental Engineering from an accredited institution.
PE in California or ability obtain within a year.
Minimum of 4 years of experience.
Typical office environment working with computers and sitting at a desk. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: United States-California-Pasadena
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 2000001P
Back to top