- Raleigh, NC
Strong communities don't just happen-they're built. They're creatively imagined, collaboratively planned, and readied to face tomorrow with optimism. We're driving the future of Community Development. Our experts lead their fields, collaborating on projects that are as technically challenging as they are impactful, creative, and fulfilling. We're a place where you can apply your passion-and find endless opportunities to help make communities more equitable, resilient, and livable.
Stantec's multi-disciplinary office in Raleigh, NC has an opportunity for a highly motivated and experienced Civil Engineer. You will be assigned many different types and sizes of projects that will provide opportunities to perform civil design/analysis, plan production, specification preparation, and much more on some very exciting and unique projects in the federal, energy and other public sectors.
This is a great opportunity for a highly motivated, energetic professional who is interested in growth on a professional and personal level. We offer all candidates the opportunity to challenge their abilities in a dynamic work environment.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Understand project budgets, quality control, and adherence to project schedules. Coordinate with technical lead regularly to verify status is on track.
- Work with project team to develop construction drawings, specifications, and construction cost estimates for horizontal and multi-disciplined vertical construction projects.
- Serve in a supporting role to the technical design lead on civil/site projects requiring geometric site layout, profiles, storm water management, drainage, grading, water and sanitary sewer utilities, and erosion and sedimentation control.
- Serve as in a supporting role to the Civil Engineering interface on projects assigned and interact with federal and other clients and team members independently to maintain appropriate communication
- Collaborate with senior staff in the execution of projects and the development of business opportunities
- Function independently in a fast paced, dynamic environment to successfully achieve group goals
- Meet quality control/quality assurance requirements of Stantec's project management framework Performs field work as directed by a senior engineer/designer
- Performs calculations to analyze and design individual components using company standard software and proprietary manufacturer software
- Assists with engineering duties on projects of various complexity
- Assists with collecting data and gathering information to support design decisions
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Proven ability to maintain relationships with existing clients and establish trust / credibility
- Proficient knowledge of Autocad and Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to participate and collaborate in project team setting and to engage in creative and critical thought
- Ability to interpret sketches, drawings, building program and other similar material
- Strong technical writing skills
- Must have a good driving record and valid driver's license.
- Ability to travel as necessary to satisfy job requirements
- Excellent verbal, written, and communication skills
Preferred skills that will assist the candidate in succeeding in the role are:
- Experience on projects for public sector clients
- Proficiency with Cadd design software such as Autocad Civil3D or Inroads
- Experience with NC site/civil project related permitting procedures and regulations
- Proficiency in developing technical specifications and construction cost estimates
- Ability to participate multi-disciplined (vertical and horizontal construction) design processes and requirements and ability to coordinate with vertical design consultants or in-house staff (architects and mechanical and electrical engineers)
- Familiarity with Federal DoD contractual procedures and practices and execution of delivery order or MSA type contracts
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or similar accredited engineering degree
- Minimum of five (5) years of engineering experience
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) registration or ability to obtain within one (1) year
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Raleigh
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 200000V6
Back to top