Your Opportunity Creating value in land development? It's all part of our plan. Developing land into a residential or mixed-use community or into a public space with parks and trails requires a mix of technical skill, creative vision, and insight into development. We merge our expertise to create value for our clients and community. Join us as we develop the ultimate master plan-one that features creative, technical, and innovative project-based solutions which are also economically viable and environmentally responsive.
Your Duties Stantec is seeking a talented, team-focused Civil Engineer to join our Civil Engineering and Landscape Architecture team in Boston, MA. Your technical knowledge and team-focused approach will enhance our mission to set the standard in our field for exceptional client service and professional excellence, as we grow to better serve clients, communities and provide greater opportunities for employees.
The Civil Engineer is responsible for preparing engineering drawings, specifications, calculations, reports and permit applications for land development projects. The Civil Engineer will be responsible for planning, scheduling, conducting and coordinating assigned engineering work, monitoring work for compliance to applicable codes and accepting engineering practices and standards, and ensuring that all assigned personnel are coordinating their activities with other project participants and that the requirements of the Contract are being satisfied.
The Civil Engineer is expected to have significant technical knowledge and awareness to be able to recognize when technical problems are developing and to initiate appropriate corrective actions. The person in this role will also have the opportunity to manage projects upon the demonstrated ability to do so.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering.
- 8+ years of engineering experience in site development and infrastructure design.
- Familiar with regulatory requirements, codes, and legal and design requirements of local municipalities.
- Experience in all aspects of site engineering, including: layout, grading, stormwater and utility design and construction observation.
Skills and Special Requirements/ Licensing:
- Registered Professional Engineer preferred.
- AutoCAD, Civil 3D skills required.
- HydroCAD or similar stormwater modelling applications
- Knowledge in local construction practices and possess proven project management skills (proposal preparation, project coordination and scheduling, invoicing and project documentation).
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top