We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
The role of a Civil Engineer is to work independently on smaller projects, and as a team member of a larger project under the guidance of a Senior Engineer. The Civil Engineer should be able to evaluate, select, specify, and engineer systems or products for a project.
A Civil Engineer will provide immediate supervision and guidance to a group of employees, assigning tasks, checking work at frequent intervals for accuracy and completeness; and maintaining schedules.
A Civil Engineer will perform a variety of tasks which may include designing and planning structures and facilities such as bridges, railroads, roads, airports, harbors, dams, irrigation projects, pipelines, tunnels, power plants and other projects. They will analyze proposed projects to ensure structural reliability, resource efficiency and cost-effectiveness and may construct models to identify project specifications and meet related needs.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Performs more complex engineering design tasks on assigned land development-related projects. under supervision of Project Engineer or Project
- Manager, including engineering drawings, engineering reports and required applications to regulatory agencies.
- May be responsible for the review and sealing of own projects or the work of the others.
- Manages the design and construction of projects, and provides input.
- Involved in the permitting process of projects, which may require meeting with clients, contractors, reviewing agency personnel.
- Coordinates with the regulatory review to seek final approval.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Comprehensive understanding of all phases of project document production.
- Ability to effectively discuss project issues with clients and reviewing agencies.
- Possesses excellent time-management skills; Thorough understanding of task assignment and schedule, budgeting and efficient use of time and resources.
- Thorough understanding of codes, legal and design requirements in relevant jurisdictions.
- Proficient in Microsoft (MS) Office Suite.
- Proficient in relevant design software, which may include AutoCAD Civil3D, GIS, HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, StormCAD, WaterCAD, and PondPack.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering or related field & Licensed Professional Engineer. Minimum of 5-6 years of experience.
Position will primarily work in an office setting; may require some field work.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: United States-New York-Albany
Other Locations: United States-New York-Rochester
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 190003IO
Back to top