- Charlotte, NC
We bring together the places that make communities feel like home whether it's an urban park, a commercial plaza, or a residential neighborhood. We do this because we're part of the community too and we care about the places where we live-just as much as you do. Join the team that truly designs with community in mind.
Strong communities don't just happen-they're built. They're creatively imagined, collaboratively planned, and readied to face tomorrow with optimism. We're driving the future of Community Development. Our experts lead their fields, collaborating on projects that are as technically challenging as they are impactful, creative, and fulfilling. We're a place where you can apply your passion-and find endless opportunities to help make communities more equitable, resilient, and livable.
Stantec's newly established office in Greenville, SC has an opportunity for a highly motivated and experienced Civil Engineer. We are seeking a candidate with experience in professional practice and design related to community development. This position requires the ability to handle significant projects, interact with clients and government agencies and effectively working with a team.
Your Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities include project and team management, design and preparation of site, grading, drainage, erosion control and utility plans as well as design reports. This is a great opportunity for a highly motivated, energetic professional who is interested in growth on a professional and personal level. We offer all candidates the opportunity to challenge their abilities in a dynamic work environment.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Experience working in a professional office environment
- Ability to perform all aspects of design (grading, streets, water, sewer, storm drain, hydrology, erosion control, etc.) with an emphasis on technical and project delivery excellence
- Sound knowledge of industry practice and demonstrated commitment to excellence in customer service
- Experience with both private and public sector clients/projects
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent oral, written and graphic communication skills, including computer literacy in Civil3D, Hydrology / Hydraulic design software, MS Office. (Experience with Microstation is an asset)
- Direct experience in client management and business development is an asset
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Civil Engineering
- Minimum 5-8 years of experience in the profession of Civil Engineering
- Registered Professional Engineer in SC (NC, GA is an asset)
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
The newly established Greenville office of Stantec is an energetic and diverse environment. Working with design professionals across the region we utilize a 'one team' approach on the delivery of projects and collaboration with others providing excellent opportunities for professional growth and learning. We are committed to design with community in mind.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Charlotte
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 200000TU
Back to top