We bring together the places that make communities feel like home whether it's an urban park, a commercial plaza, or a residential neighborhood. We do this because we're part of the community too and we care about the places where we live-just as much as you do. Join the team that truly designs with community in mind.
We're driving the future of Community Development infrastructure. Our experts lead their fields, collaborating on projects that are as technically challenging as they are impactful, creative, and fulfilling. We're a place where you can apply your passion-and find endless opportunities to help make communities more equitable, resilient, and livable.
Our Community Development group is dedicated to enhancing the quality of life where people live, work, and play, and is comprised of collaborative, creative, and visionary professionals who create high-quality and sustainable environments that are functional, innovative, appropriate, and attractive.
Whether it's for a new phase, a new neighborhood, revitalization, or a new city, our professionals manage a variety of projects from initial planning to decommissioning. This is the place where great ideas and rewarding careers call home. With a full range of services we provide efficient solutions that are environmentally responsible, functional, and technically sound. Our structure cultivates career growth and provides opportunities as unique as you are.
The Atlanta offices of Stantec are an energetic and diverse environment for many design professionals. Using a 'one team' approach on the delivery of projects and collaboration with others provides excellent opportunities for professional growth and learning.
Stantec's multi-disciplinary office in Atlanta, GA has an opportunity for a highly motivated and experienced Civil Engineer. We are seeking a candidate with experience in professional practice and technical design in the Atlanta Metro and Middle Georgia market, who can offer creative design practice skills balanced with a solid business approach. This position requires the ability to perform on a variety of projects, liaise with clients and government agencies, and effectively work with local and geographic/regional teams. This is a great opportunity for a highly motivated, energetic professional who is interested in growth on a professional and personal level. We offer all candidates the opportunity to challenge their abilities in a dynamic work environment.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Perform and oversee all aspects of design (grading, streets, water, sewer, storm drain, horizontal control, signage & striping plans, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex community development infrastructure projects with an emphasis on technical and project delivery excellence
- Plan and manage projects and tasks to complete them on time and within budget
- Maintain and strengthen client relationships and play a key role in client management and satisfaction
- Involvement in related professional societies
- Mentor and empower junior staff and other team members
- Play a key role in maintaining and strengthening the design reputation of the Community Development team
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Experience with both private and public sector clients/projects
- Strong leadership, project management and communication skills
- Experience managing junior staff, client relationships and complex projects
- Excellent oral, written and graphic communication skills, including competence in Civil3D, Hydrology/Hydraulic design software, MS Office
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Civil Engineering
- Registered Professional Engineer in GA (NC, SC is an asset) or ability to obtain within 6 months
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Atlanta
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 190001CK
Back to top