Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We're a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that's critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science. Your Opportunity The role of civil engineer with an emphasis on hydrology and hydraulic analyses, is to work independently on smaller projects, and as a team member of a larger project under the guidance of a senior engineer/designer. You should be able to evaluate, select, specify, and engineer systems or products for a project. A civil hydraulic and hydrologic engineer will perform a variety of tasks which may include calculations, and field work. The projects that a civil engineer may be assigned to may be broad, varied and diverse in scope.
Analyzes proposed projects to ensure structural reliability, resource efficiency and cost-effectiveness. You will assist with stream restoration work. Qualified candidates will have experience with designing stream restoration projects using Natural Channel Design Techniques. Candidates should have a working knowledge of hydrology, stormwater management, water quality issues, and ecology as well experience in wetland delineation/mitigation design. The successful candidate should be proficient in CADD and be familiar with the permitting process and environmental regulations. Rosgen training and familiarity with the RIVERMorph software is a major plus for this position. Your Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for projects of average complexity/size.
- Evaluates, selects, specifies, and designs all civil engineered systems or products for a project.
- Engages in the development of a design through sketches, electronic models, diagrams, and other visual formats.
- Utilizes technologies in development of multi-dimensional models of civil systems and provides markups for junior engineers/designers.
- Prepares and revises documentation in various civil phases including site plans, floor plans, diagrams, and details.
- Leads project coordination meetings with internal team members and/or external consultants, owner and contractor, sub-contractors, and vendors.
- Participates in client project requirement meetings and value analysis and basic cost estimating.
- Assists senior engineers/designers with developing and managing the project scope, budget, staffing and schedule.
- May lead the preparation and coordination of the project specifications with construction documents.
- Performs and oversees the performance of calculations using company standard software, and proprietary manufacturer software.
- Utilizes advanced techniques for the analysis of specialized civil elements.
- Participates in constructability review.
- Conducts quality assurance and quality control on own projects.
- Assists in the development of new standards and specifications for the civil group.
- Works on multiple projects.
- Working understanding of policies and procedures for HSSE, including client-specific training (as required).
- Requisite knowledge and application of National Civil Code and applicable energy codes.
- General understanding of all phases of project document production and the relationship between drawings and specifications.
- Strong knowledge of civil systems, means and methods, materials, and industry standards.
- Ability to effectively discuss project issues with clients and reviewing agencies.
- Possesses excellent time-management skills
- Thorough understanding of task assignment and schedule, budgeting and efficient use of time and resources.
- Ability to check the work of others for accuracy and completeness and manage time to meet project budget and schedule.
- Ability to participate and collaborate in project team setting and to engage in creative and critical thought.
- Thorough understanding of civil engineering concepts and ability to effectively communicate ideas to others.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills.
- Effective communicator and able to work on and lead teams.
- Presentation and interview skills are preferred.
- Requires understanding of Microsoft Office Suite, and AutoCAD.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Jon is responsible for growing Stantec in the northwest region of the United Kingdom and leading and guiding the team in this area.
Back to top