Every power project is a community project-whether it's a gas plant conversion, a transmission line corridor, or a wind development. Our goal is to improve industrial, business, and local communities through our project work. We see beyond the project at hand to where our work fits in the big picture. Join a team that does more than generate and deliver electricity through its work; join a team that powers growth and advances communities.
As a result of new and expanding business opportunities, Stantec's Power group is currently seeking a Civil Engineer in our Lethbridge or Calgary Office. As a member of our dynamic team you will be engaged in the execution of Wind and Solar projects, HV substation projects, transmission lines, and other renewable developments providing our clients with superior engineering design solutions.
- Develop project designs aligned with our client requirements and Stantec's best practice standards
- Conduct calculations and studies to develop preliminary and detailed design for various engineering stages; IFR, IFT, IFF, IFC and Record Drawings
- Provide detailed design in the following areas:
- Site preparation including access road, fence, grading, clearing boundaries, and roadway and intersection designs, etc.
- Manage and coordinate geotechnical investigations to meet project requirements
- Supervise and provide input in to Storm Water Management Designs and Studies
- Develop Component Transportation plans
- Foundation Drainage systems
- Coordinate and design foundation earthworks details
- Cable trench and duct bank designs
- Develop and evaluate the technical requirements for fabrication and construction tender packages
- Review and approve equipment vendor drawings and structure shop drawings
- Provide engineering support for proposals, estimating, procurement and construction
- Coordinate with other engineering disciplines and project managers to successfully deliver projects
- Mentor, coach and develop junior team members
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering coupled with a minimum of five years detailed design experience in site designs in North America
- Eligibility and/or currently registered with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of AB, BC, and SK
- Proficient with MS Office applications & AutoCAD
- Effective communication skills with the ability to successfully work in a team environment
- Valid Class 5 BC driver's license or equivalent
# of Openings Remaining 1
Experience (Years) 5
Discipline Power Engineering
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top