Strong communities don't just happen-they're built. They're creatively imagined, collaboratively planned, and readied to face tomorrow with optimism. We're driving the future of Community Development. Our experts lead their fields, collaborating on projects that are as technically challenging as they are impactful, creative, and fulfilling. We're a place where you can apply your passion-and find endless opportunities to help make communities more equitable, resilient, and livable.
In this role you will be responsible for the management of a variety of Civil Engineering Infrastructure and Municipality projects and studies.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Client Service, Development, Management, and Growth
- Opportunity Identification and Pursuits
- Project Development
- Mentor and empower other team members
- Execute and manage complex civil engineering designs
- Serve as a technical design expert for projects and supervise and manage work through junior staff to develop and execute design
- Plan and manage projects and tasks to complete them on time and within budget
- Supervision of Junior Engineers, Technologists, and Designers
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) registration in Minnesota or another state with the qualifications to apply for licensure in this state.
- Experience with public and private sector clients and projects
- Experience in the design of civil infrastructure such as site planning, roads, drainage, grading, water systems, sanitary sewer systems and other municipal and private sector infrastructure.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Civil3D
- Experience in engineering design, construction inspection, contract administration, project management and business development.
- Has the skill and knowledge to create, suggest, and introduce innovative and effective client solutions and integrated deliverables that re aligned with the Sector business objectives.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, along with excellent interpersonal abilities and willingness to work in a team atmosphere and lead M&BD activities for positioning and pursuits of new opportunities.
- Known to be proactive in his/her ability to be a market leader.
- Known for sustaining long-term client relationships.
- Valid Driver's License and good driving record required.
Education and Experience
Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in Civil Engineering, Masters' preferred.
Minimum 10 years' Experience in Civil Infrastructure Engineering.
This description is not a comprehensivelisting of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of theemployee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned ormay be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on
each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around
us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Minnesota-Rochester
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: MIG-34698
Back to top