At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake-whether at the local, regional, or watershed level- thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities' unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We're a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that's critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large.
The role of an entry level civil engineer is to work on smaller projects, and as a team member of larger projects under the close guidance and supervision of a senior engineer/designer. You should be able to evaluate, select, specify, and engineer systems or products for a project. You will perform a variety of tasks which may include calculations, field work, coordination of simple tasks, and meeting attendance and recording. The smaller projects that an entry level civil engineer may be assigned to will have relatively few complex features.
In general, an entry level civil engineer will assist more senior engineers/designers by performing the routine aspects of civil engineering assignments.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Use knowledge of general concepts of relevant civil or water resources engineering elements including system hydraulics and hydrology, surveying and topographic mapping, computer-based modeling, utility investigations and analyses, alternative analyses, data review and analysis, and report writing and editing.
- Assists team in preparing planning documents, hydraulic models, alternative analyses, regulatory compliance documents, and other water resource studies.
- Conducts basic calculations and performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned and under the supervision of a project manager.
- May perform field work related to planning, pilot and/or construction related activities.
- Interact with clients and subconsultants to understand project needs and deliver high quality deliverables.
- Perform marketing tasks including writing and compiling proposals and market research.
- Perform other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Basic understanding of general concepts of relevant areas of civil engineering and planning including gravity gravity and pressure systems, storm water and drainage, hydraulics and hydrology, groundwater and surface water management, and watershed management.
- Ability to participate and collaborate in project team setting and to engage in creative and critical thought.
- Understanding of civil engineering concepts and ability to effectively communicate ideas to others.
- Ability to interpret planning documents, engineering drawings, and other similar material.
- Basic experience in Microsoft Office, as well as relevant discipline software programs, which may include ArcGIS, AutoCAD Civil3D, PCSWMM, StormCAD, WaterCAD, WaterGEMS, SewerGEMS, InfoWater, InfoSWMM, InfoMaster, Mike Urban (or other modeling software).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering.
- Minimum of 0-5 years of experience.Typical office environment working with computers and working at a desk for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather. This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice. Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer - EIT
Primary Location: United States-California-Pasadena
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 190000FR
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Jon H.Operations Director
Jon is responsible for growing Stantec in the northwest region of the United Kingdom and leading and guiding the team in this area.
Back to top