Civil Designer/Assistant Project Manager
Your Opportunity We bring together the places that make communities feel like home whether it's an urban park, a commercial plaza, or a residential neighborhood. We do this because we're part of the community too and we care about the places where we live-just as much as you do. Join the team that truly designs with community in mind.
Your Duties Stantec is seeking a talented, team-focused Civil Designer/Assistant PM to join our team in Tallahassee, Florida! Your technical knowledge and team-focused approach will enhance our mission to set the standard in our field for exceptional client service and professional excellence, as we grow to better serve clients, communities and provide greater opportunities for employees.
Basic drawing elements for this position include, but are not limited to, surface creation and earthwork processing, proposed/existing utility plan and profiles, corridors and proposed/existing utility alignments, etc. Relevant project components may include, but are not limited to, concept plans, site plans, grading and drainage plans, roadway alignment, plan and profiles, cross sections, traffic control, earthwork analysis, water distribution, sanitary sewer collection systems, storm sewer design, geometric/horizontal control and applicable details.
- Demonstrates understanding of codes and regulatory requirements for design.
- Demonstrates technical and design knowledge and use of independent judgement in planning and lay-out work assignments.
- Works with architects, engineers, designers, technicians and other design team members.
- Creates proficiently 3D surfaces for use in site grading, cut and fill calculations, utility alignments, and profiles.
- Demonstrates thorough understanding of geometry and all horizontal/vertical design requirements.
- Prepares and produces independently finished drawings/specs for site elements including parking lots, stormwater and drainage systems, pedestrian facilities, site utilities, landscaping, driveways/local streets, multi-use trails, water and sewer infrastructure elements, and parks/recreational facilities with minimum supervision.
- Prepares designs based on detailed instructions.
- Plans sequence of drawings required to adequately define and describe the project work.
- Assists in quantity take-offs and preparation of project construction cost estimates.
- Back-checks work, markup check prints with corrections noted and submits to supervisor for review/comments and further action.
- Communicates effectively with other team members. Trains and/or mentors CAD staff and entry-level Engineers in company procedures, CAD standards, and software. Ensures compliance with company CAD standards within the scope of assigned projects.
- Prepares environmental permits necessary for the project, coordinates and monitors approval process with environmental agencies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- 5 or more years' experience in general civil and/or land development
- Must be proficient and knowledgeable of AutoCAD and Civil 3D. Army Corps of Engineers knowledge of design standards and procedures experience is a plus
- Must have strong working knowledge and experience of civil design (stormwater, utilities, paving/geometric roadway design, site grading, earthwork, etc.) and the permitting
- Familiarity with GIS technologies and mapping projections is a plus
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills are desired.
- Strong organization and prioritization skills
- Strong logic and critical thinking skills and the ability to multitask.
- Knowledge in federal, state and local construction practices.
- Software proficiency should include MS Office (Word, Excel, Project, etc.)
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top