Civil Designer, Transportation
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
The role of a Civil Designer/EIT is to work
independently on smaller projects, and as a team member of a larger project
under the guidance of a Senior Engineer. Should be able to evaluate, select,
specify, and engineer systems or products for a project.
Will perform a variety of tasks which may include
designing and planning structures and facilities such as bridges, railroads,
roads, airports, harbors, dams, irrigation projects, pipelines, tunnels, power
plants and other projects. They will analyze proposed projects to ensure
structural reliability, resource efficiency and cost-effectiveness and may
construct models to identify project specifications and meet related needs.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Use knowledge of the general concepts of relevant civilengineering elements including the design of roadways, drainage, grading.Assist team in preparing drawings and reports.
- Performs basic calculations to analyze and design civilsystem components using company standard software and proprietarymanufacturer software.
- Assists with engineering duties on projects of variouscomplexity.
- Assists with collecting data and gathering informationto support design decisions.
- Assists in basic interpretation and verifyingcompliance with applicable codes and engineering standards and practices.
- Conducts basic calculations and perform other duties ofa similar nature and level as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Basic understanding of general concepts of relevantareas of civil design.
- Proficient in Microsoft (MS) Office Suite.
- Basic understanding of AutoCAD Civil 3D and any otherrelevant design software and knowledge of calculations performed by thesoftware.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Developing cooperative skills in working efficientlywith a team.
- EIT Preferred, but not required
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering or related field. Minimum of 1 - 3 years of experience.
Position will primarily work in an office setting; may require some field work.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Designer
Primary Location: United States-New Mexico-Albuquerque
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 190003AN
Back to top