Strong communities don't just happen-they're built. They're creatively imagined, collaboratively planned, and readied to face tomorrow with optimism. We're driving the future of Community Development. Our experts lead their fields, collaborating on projects that are as technically challenging as they are impactful, creative, and fulfilling. We're a place where you can apply your passion-and find endless opportunities to help make communities more equitable, resilient, and livable.
Stantec is seeking a talented Mid to Senior level CAD Designer to join our team in Sarasota, Florida!
Your technical knowledge and team-focused approach will enhance our mission to set the standard in our field for exceptional client service and professional excellence, as we grow to better serve clients, communities and provide greater opportunities for employees.
Your Key Responsibilities
As an integral member of the land development team, the CAD Designer produces construction documents to fulfill clients' goals. This position is also responsible to QA/QC construction documents, provide design ideas and solutions, and train or mentor other CAD Technicians, Operators or Engineers.
Relevant basic drawing elements for this position include, but are not limited to, surfaces, corridors and utility alignments. Relevant projects may include, but are not limited to, site plans, grading and drainage plans, roadway alignment, plan and profiles, cross sections, traffic control, earthwork calculations, water distribution, sanitary sewer collection systems, storm sewer design, intersection layouts and applicable standard details.
- Produces construction documents using relevant drafting/design software.
- Organizes construction documents from beginning to end with little to minor direction.
- Demonstrates understanding of codes and regulatory requirements for design.
- Performs thorough quality control of construction documents.
- Maintains file management of AutoCAD files and other documents.
- Ensures compliance with company CAD standards within the scope of assigned projects.
- Produces and completes basic utility alignments and profiles.
- Prepares layout site plans from basic concept to first draft.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Proficient in software skills including grading, pipes, profiles, corridors.
- Relevant software programs may include AutoCAD Civil3D, GIS, AutoTurn and Adobe Acrobat.
- Knowledge and skills required includes codes and design requirements specific to local geographic market.
- Ability to work efficiently in a high-volume, deadline-driven environment.
Education and Experience
- 5 years of relevant experience in site development work such as commercial, single family residential, and multi-family residential projects.
- Associate's Degree in Drafting/Design or equivalent from an accredited college or technical school or equivalent experience or accreditation.
- Knowledge of Civil 3D is required.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Computer-Aided Design (CAD)
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Sarasota
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 1900028T
Back to top