- Tampa, FL
Strong communities do not just happen-they're built. They are creatively imagined, collaboratively planned, and readied to face tomorrow with optimism. We are driving the future of Community Development. Our experts lead their fields, collaborating on projects that are as technically challenging as they are impactful, creative, and fulfilling. We're a place where you can apply your passion-and find endless opportunities to help make communities more equitable, resilient, and livable.
Stantec is seeking talented Civil Designer/Technician to join our team in Tampa!
Your technical knowledge and team-focused approach will enhance our mission to set the standard in our field for exceptional client service and professional excellence, as we grow to better serve clients, communities and provide greater opportunities for employees.
Your Key Responsibilities
As an integral member of the community development team, the Civil Designer will produce design and construction documents to fulfill clients' goals. This position is also responsible to QA/QC of design and construction documents, providing design ideas and solutions, and train or mentor junior Technicians.
Relevant design elements for this position include, but are not limited to, site layout and geometry, paving and grading, stormwater management and utility layout (i.e.water, sewer and reclaimed water). Project work may also include roadway design and access management improvements. Produces construction documents using relevant drafting/design software.
- Organizes construction documents from beginning to end with little to minor direction.
- Demonstrates understanding of codes and regulatory requirements for design.
- Performs thorough quality control of construction documents.
- Maintains file management of AutoCAD files and other documents.
- Ensures compliance with company CAD standards within the scope of assigned projects.
- Produces and completes utility alignments and profiles.
- Prepares layout site plans from basic concept to final.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D with skills including grading, pipe networks, profiles, and corridor modeling.
- Relevant software programs may also include StomCAD, AutoTurn and GIS. Experience with stormwater modeling using ICPR is desirable but not required.
- Knowledge and skills required includes codes and design standards specific to local geographic market including municipalities such as Hillsborough County, City of Tampa, Pinellas County, Clearwater, etc.
- Ability to work efficiently in a high-volume, deadline-driven team environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Education and Experience
- 5-10 years of relevant experience in land development and municipal engineering projects.
- Land development experience should include residential, commercial/retail, industrial and related projects. Associate degree in Drafting/Design or equivalent from an accredited college or technical school or equivalent experience or accreditation preferred.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Computer-Aided Design (CAD)
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Tampa
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 200001MD
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans
Back to top