- Toledo, OH
At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake-whether at the local, regional, or watershed level- thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities' unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We're a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that's critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large.
Stantec is actively seeking qualified candidates for an entry-level Civil Designer to join our Water practice in Toledo, Ohio. As you begin your career, you will use your technical education and competencies in a consulting engineering role to prepare plans, specifications, and estimates for municipal water, wastewater, reclaimed water and stormwater systems, and assist with the administration of construction phase activities of these facilities. This position involves a balance of development of planning and designs for municipal projects as well as field work associated with the administration of construction projects.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Perform technical tasks on projects under the supervision of the Project Manager or Project Engineer.
- Prepare plans and design calculations for civil infrastructure improvements.
- Duties will involve field work including observing construction activities and assisting the Project Manager in the administration of construction projects.
- Coordination and communication with other engineers/consultants, agency staff, client representatives, and/or other team members.
- Assist with writing technical reports, preparing design calculations, and evaluating alternative solutions to meet the project needs.
- Assist with the preparation of Engineers Opinion of Probable Cost.
- Assist with the preparation of Technical Specifications and Special Provision documents for bidding and construction.
- Assist with the preparation of government applications and planning documents.
- Follow safe work practices and adhere to Company guidelines and policies for planning and executing work in a safe manner.
- Performs all other duties as assigned and required.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Prior experience (through internships and/or previous employment) in planning, design and construction administration of municipal water, sewer, reclaimed water and/or stormwater management systems (collection, distribution and/or treatment).
- Desired computer skills: AutoCAD and ArcGIS.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Strong analytical, organizational, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrates flexibility to work independently and in a team environment.
- Commitment to contribute in an organization where client service is a top priority.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering (or related field) required.
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) certification or ability to successfully obtain certification within six (6) months of hire required.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Designer
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Toledo
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Entry Level
Req ID: 200000TQ
Back to top