Chief Construction Estimator
MWH Constructors (MWHC), a nationally recognized heavy civil construction company is seeking an experienced Chief Construction Cost Estimator for western US district. The position will be located at our headquarters in Broomfield, Colorado and will have responsibility to support water & wastewater treatment, storage, pumping and distribution projects throughout the western United States. Typical projects range in size from approximately $20-300 million dollars and are delivered through Design-Build, Construction Management at Risk, and traditional Hard Bid contracts.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing multiple, simultaneous estimating projects and resources while maintaining company standards of quality and sponsoring the estimate through the operations and management team's reviews. The position will require strong coordination and communication skills along with the ability to deliver high-quality cost estimates within the prescribed budget and schedule.
The primary responsibilities for this role will include:
• Serving as the point of contact for project managers and coordinate the parameters of the estimating assignment.
• Reviewing solicitation and design documents such as contracts, specifications and drawings to identify risks and opportunities related to competitive pricing.
• Developing and managing the estimate schedule and coordinate internal milestone dates with the discipline estimators.
• Distributing design and solicitation documents to the pricing team while maintaining revision control during estimate development.
• Reviewing the final multi-discipline estimate and prepare reports and other deliverables for the management review.
• Overseeing all "bid day" activities for traditional design-bid-build pursuits.
The candidate should be comfortable working with both designers and project managers through all levels of design from conceptual to 100% complete. Periodic travel may be required based on project needs. Strong computer skills are essential.
• BS in Engineering, Construction Management, other technical degree, or equivalent experience.
• 15+ years of estimating experience, preferably incorporating various contract types.
• Understanding of water treatment plant processes and construction standards.
• Experience supervising other estimators to develop a comprehensive project estimate.
• Experience with Sage Timberline Estimating and Microsoft Office.
MWH Constructors is a project delivery company with a focus on water and energy. With the ultimate goal of delivering maximum value to municipal, federal and industrial clients and their local communities, we offer single-source integrated construction services and project delivery methods that incorporate industry-leading preconstruction services and safety practices.
MWH is an EEO employer - MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top