CEQA/NEPA Senior Environmental Planner/Project Manager
Your Opportunity: 3,000 Environmental Services staff. 20 technical specialties. 900 professional associations. An international team with local expertise. You could say we know a little something about the environment. Our passion for it drives our work. Grounded by safety, quality, and ethics, we come up with solutions that perfectly fit the site. We know what it takes to balance competing project interests with creativity and efficiency. We know what to look for. And, we know how to get the job done-the right way. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Stantec's Environmental Services Practice is looking for an experienced professional to serve as our "CEQA Sr. Environmental Planner/Project Manager" to help direct, manage and implement our growing practice. This position can be based out of our Redlands, CA office.
- As a "seller/doer," personally win $1 million in new CEQA/NEPA services annually. Identify and develop new opportunities, prepare effective technical proposals, and take an active leadership role in the development of new business with new and existing clients. Develop and expand client relationships that generate repeat business.
- Capitalize on existing client relationships to expand Stantec's profile and market share in the regional market (through a combination of excellence in technical delivery and business development).
- Direct and prepare Initial Studies, Negative Declarations, Environmental Impact Reports, Environmental Assessments, Environmental Impact Statements, and supporting technical studies Oversee multiple projects simultaneously within scope/budget/schedule expectations and ensure quality standards on project deliverables.
- Provide leadership in managing staff performance, recruiting and retention, and mentoring personnel for overall success of practice team.
- Develop a working understanding of Stantec's other consulting practice areas and actively support cross-selling other services to existing clients.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- 7-10 years of environmental planning and permitting experience successfully coordinating and managing CEQA/NEPA document preparation and environmental permitting.
- Experience for a variety of land uses is preferred. Experience with urban land development, oil and gas, power generation, infrastructure (transportation, water, wastewater), and/or renewable energy is desired.
- A Bachelor's degree in planning, natural resources, environmental science, biological science, ecology, or related field with a Master's degree preferred.
- Strong working knowledge with CEQA/NEPA compliance and demonstrated discretionary permitting including the following:
Streambed Alteration Agreements (CA Dept of Fish & Wildlife)
Incidental Take Permits (CA Dept of Fish & Game)
Conditional Use Permits (cities and counties)
- Proven business development experience for large programs/contracts and client relationships supported by repeat business, including established contacts in the Southern California area.
- Consistent "seller/doer" track record of delivering annual sales of at least $1 million (net revenue).
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills, and be customer focused to understand and appropriately respond to clients business needs.
- Must demonstrate effective resource planning, results delivery, and staying current with relevant technology and innovation.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must have a good driving record and valid driver's license.
- Prior to employment with Stantec the candidate must successfully pass a physical and drug/alcohol screening.
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top