CEQA/NEPA Senior Environmental Planner/Project Manager
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We're a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that's critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Stantec's Environmental Services Practice is looking for an experienced professional to serve as our "CEQA Sr. Environmental Planner/Project Manager" to help direct, manage and implement our growing practice. This position can be based out of our San Bernardino, CA office. Your Key Responsibilities
- As a "seller/doer," personally win $1 million in new CEQA/NEPA services annually. Identify and develop new opportunities, prepare effective technical proposals, and take an active leadership role in the development of new business with new and existing clients. Develop and expand client relationships that generate repeat business.
- Capitalize on existing client relationships to expand Stantec's profile and market share in the regional market (through a combination of excellence in technical delivery and business development).
- Direct and prepare Initial Studies, Negative Declarations, Environmental Impact Reports, Environmental Assessments, Environmental Impact Statements, and supporting technical studies Oversee multiple projects simultaneously within scope/budget/schedule expectations and ensure quality standards on project deliverables.
- Provide leadership in managing staff performance, recruiting and retention, and mentoring personnel for overall success of practice team.
- Develop a working understanding of Stantec's other consulting practice areas and actively support cross-selling other services to existing clients.
You Capabilities and Credentials
- Experience for a variety of land uses is preferred. Experience with urban land development, oil and gas, power generation, infrastructure (transportation, water, wastewater), and/or renewable energy is desired. -
- Strong working knowledge with CEQA/NEPA compliance and demonstrated discretionary permitting including the following:
- Clean Water Act permitting Sections 404 (Corps) and 401 Water Quality Certifications (Regional Board)
- Streambed Alteration Agreements (CA Dept of Fish & Wildlife)
- Incidental Take Permits (CA Dept of Fish & Game)
- Conditional Use Permits (cities and counties)
- Proven business development experience for large programs/contracts and client relationships supported by repeat business, including established contacts in the Southern California area.
- Consistent "seller/doer" track record of delivering annual sales of at least $1 million (net revenue).
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills, and be customer focused to understand and appropriately respond to clients business needs.
- Must demonstrate effective resource planning, results delivery, and staying current with relevant technology and innovation.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must have a good driving record and valid driver's license.
- Prior to employment with Stantec the candidate must successfully pass a physical and drug/alcohol screening.
7-10 years of environmental planning and permitting experience successfully coordinating and managing CEQA/NEPA document preparation and environmental permitting.
A Bachelor's degree in planning, natural resources, environmental science, biological science, ecology, or related field with a Master's degree preferred.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top