CCR/Fly Ash Project Engineer
At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake-whether at the local, regional, or watershed level- thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities' unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We're a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that's critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large.
An opportunity exists within our Water sector for a Project Civil/Environmental Engineer, Chemical Engineer or Environmental Scientist with CCR/Fly Ash and NPDES permit-writing experience.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Permit modification applications for industrial-wastewater facilities to ensure all regulatory requirements are met in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Prepare NPDES permits, write public notices, attend public hearings, and prepare a written response to public comments.
- Meet with applicants and consultants to discuss regulatory and technical requirements.
- Review construction quality assurance documentation; perform inspections during and after construction; and review and update issued permits.
- Working effectively with all project team members, including the client, the project manager, other design team members, and the contractor.
- Serve as technical lead for coal ash pond water quality projects.
- Perform and reviewing hydrologic and hydraulic modeling for closure of coal ash impoundment units
- Prepare guidance documents for the operation of maintenance of water management ponds
- Perform water quality constituent evaluation and field testing.
- Water quality instrumentation
- Receiving waters anti-degradation studies and related industrial NPDES permitting support
- Position will include equal amounts of office work and field work.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Understanding of hydrologic processes and erosion control
- Strong working knowledge of NPDES compliance including:Construction General Permits; Industrial General Permits; Wastewater Treatment Facility NPDES Permits; and Low Threat/Limited Threat NPDES Permits
- Must have strong oral communication and technical writing skills, and be team focused and detail oriented
- Must have the ability to read analytical laboratory reports and manage water quality data in Microsoft Excel
- Must demonstrate effective resource planning, results delivery, and staying current with relevant technology and innovation
Education and Experience
5 years of NPDES experience
Experience preparing or assisting with the preparation of SWPPPs in compliance with the Construction and Industrial General Permits
A Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science, Engineering or Chemistry
PE preferred, but not required
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Environmental Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Atlanta
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Req ID: 190000W1
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Jon H.Operations Director
Jon is responsible for growing Stantec in the northwest region of the United Kingdom and leading and guiding the team in this area.
Back to top